Dear Parents, Graduating Seniors, and Community Members,
It’s hard to believe it’s time for this group of seniors to graduate and move on to greater things. We have a lot of planning to do, but I wanted to try and communicate as many details as possible.
– All graduation requirements must be complete to attend graduation practice and the ceremony. June 9th is the last school day for seniors and courses must be completed at this time.
– The ceremony will be held outside this year, on the football field and grandstands. The students/graduates will be seated in the grandstands. To provide a higher number of spectator occupancy, friends and families will be seated on the football field.
– Currently the weather is looking stable for the ceremony but please dress and prepare accordingly as we get closer to the ceremony. Also, be aware that the football field is an uneven surface and some shoes may not be feasible.
– We will have handicap parking and seating for the ceremony. Please notify me, at your earliest convenience, if you need any sort of accommodation or further detail for someone with mobility restrictions.
– We will have two seating areas. Due to lack of seating, each student will receive 10 tickets to provide family and friends for a reserved seat. Depending on student need, there may be a chance for more and will be worked out on a student-by-student basis at graduation practice. For those who would like to attend, but do not have a reserved seat, they are welcome to bring a lawn/camp chair to sit in the “general admission” section of the field.
– The ceremony will begin at 7:00pm, June 11th. Please be punctual as we want to create a great experience for the graduates, friends, and families. From the direction of the audience, the sun may be in your view. Sunglasses or a hat is suggested.
– Immediately after the ceremony, we will begin the student parade (approx. 8:15pm). This was an enjoyable aspect of our graduation day last year. The Monroe Fire Department will escort our graduates around Monroe for the community and loved ones. Please decorate or plan on a vehicle to join in on the celebration.
– Scholarships and diplomas will be held in the high school office and can be picked up beginning June 14th. All fees and final checkout pieces must be complete before receiving these items. Also, students may be receiving scholarships with actual checks in them or need to follow directions in order to claim. Please be diligent with the items given as we do not have the ability to help once these are distributed.
– Seniors need to be at the high school grandstands by 8:30am, June 10th for graduation practice. We will have more information to provide them. This is a mandatory requirement. We will walk-though the ceremony, practice speeches, and provide valuable information.
– Typically we have an area for the guests to give cards and gifts to the graduates after the ceremony. We do not have a great location for this yet and will relay information when possible. Last year we collected gifts for the seniors and delivered them to their senior all-nighter/celebration party. This may be our best option.
– COVID protocols are still in place, but outdoors restrictions are low. Please keep in mind social distancing and masks are still recommended by the OHA.
I appreciate your patience throughout the year and look forward to providing everyone with a memorable experience. Please contact me at the high school with any follow-up questions.
Beau Sisneros – Principal