Dear students, parents, and staff,
We are wrapping up the third week of school. Everyone is settling in and off to a great start. As we progress, please be aware of the following things.
MHS offers a wide variety of meals, both hot and cold. Our kitchen staff provides breakfast and lunch daily for all kids. Meals are charged this year and a price list can be found on our school website. (Monroe.k12.or.us)
Also, federal and state guidelines have changes and some may be eligible for free or reduced meals that previously were not. Please see the ode website for more information. https://www.ode.state.or.us/apps/frlapp
We greatly appreciate parent involvement with student education. A few things that we recommend at the high school for a successful year are:
- Pinncacle/Wazzle Gradebook login information. If you do not have the ability to access the online gradebook, but contact the high school office.
- Automatic notifications: The gradebook can be set to notify parents daily, weekly, or monthly about student progress, grades, alerts, missing assignments, attendance, and more. It is simple to customize and get started.
- Attendance is key: We aim for each student to miss, excused or unexcused, no more than 10 days per school year. There is a very strong correlation between high school success and Please let us know if we can help in this area.
- Reach out to teachers whenever possible. We utilize multiple technology systems, but a phone call or email is still the best way to build a working relationship with teachers. Their email addresses can be found on the school website.
- Monroe District App: If you prefer to have school information in a simple, easy to find area, then the district app might be for you. It is easy to navigate and use. Visit your app store and look for; Monroe School District (OR). Briefly check the daily announcements. They can be found on our website or the app. These announcements provide opportunities for scholarships, college visits, important dates, and more.
Our fall sports are well on their way. Though the window to join a fall sport is closed, registration for winter sports will begin fairly soon. All sports registration is done electronically this year through Final Forms. It is free and a family will only be required to fill out the paperwork one time, per athlete, for their entire high school career and can choose multiple sports for the school year. A student and parent signature is required. Please visit FinalForms.com to register a high school athlete.
- October 7th: Picture Day
- October 8th: Dragon Pride Auction
- October 10th – 14th: Homecoming Week
- October 13th: PSAT/SAT Testing Day/Half-Day
- October 14th: Homecoming Football Game/Dance – No School; In-Service Day
Thank you and please give us a call or send us an email if you have any questions or concerns.
Beau Sisneros – Principal