Dear students, parents, and staff,
Fall is well underway and is an exciting time at the high school. Please be aware of some of the things happening at the high school in the next few weeks.
The Monroe student body has many things happening this year. Here are a few things they have done or are planning in the near future.
- Canned food drive during homecoming week
- Fundraisers for class and community causes
- Thanksgiving meal packages for local families
- Penny drive for local families
- MHS Book Club
- Christmas Giving Tree
- And more to come
Our student body is active and always looking for ways to help others in the community. Please let us know if there are other ways we can help support the Monroe Area.
Parent Teacher Conferences
We have completed the first quarter of the school year. The high school sends out grade reports based on current progress. These grades are not final, but rather a point in the semester to view the student’s achievement. We will be hosting our annual parent teacher conferences next week November 17th and 18th. Our hours are 8:00am-8:00pm on Thursday the 17th and 9:00am – 12:00pm on Friday the 18th. We schedule meetings in 20 minute intervals. Parents can request who group meetings with every teacher, one-on-one meetings with each teacher, or small group meetings. We are happy to help coordinate the meetings. Please call the high school office to schedule a time. We highly encourage all parents with freshmen students to come meet with teachers to help build high school success.
The fall sports have come to an end. Our athletic programs represented MHS very well this fall. All three sports, Cross- Country, Football, and Volleyball had post-season competition at the state level. We will be wrapping up the fall seasons with our regular sports banquet and dessert social this coming Wednesday, November 17th at 6:30pm.
- November 8th – 23rd: Thanksgiving Food Drive (students collect)
- November 11th: No School – Veteran’s Day
- November 16th: Fall Sports Banquet
- November 17th/18th: No School – Parent Teacher Conferences
- November 22nd: Picture Retakes
- November 24th/25th: No School – Thanksgiving Break
- December 1st – 14th: Giving Tree
Thank you and please give us a call or send us an email if you have any questions or concerns.
Beau Sisneros – Principal